pkl 9 semi-final 2 starting 7, winner prediction
PKL season 9 Playoffs ended on 13 December. In the second Eliminator match, Tamil thalaivas defeated UP Yoddhas in a tie-breaker after a nail bitting match. In the early seconds, Tamil thalaivas were leading but UP made a comeback later and the match never seemed one-sided. At some instant, Thalaivas was leading with 5 points but Pardeep Narwal did well in the last minutes to inflict Tamil thalaivas to an All-out and took the lead to nil. After a magical super raid by Pradeep Narwal in the last minutes, the match seemed to be in hands of UP with a lead of 2 points, but a touch point by Ajinkya panwar and a tackle of Pradeep by Narender made the match more interesting. Tamil got a raid with 20 seconds left and 5 defenders on the mat but Narender didn’t take a risk and returned by just touching the baulk line.
In the Tiebreaker, both teams were at a score of 2-2 but a bonus by Narender put Tamil thalaivas in the lead and a tackle of Rohit Tomar almost sealed the game for Tamil thalaivas and the remaining game just was a formality finally Tamil thalaivas won at a final score of 4-6.
Hence Thalaivas became the second team to qualify for Semi-final -2. It was the debut playoffs for the Tamil thalaivas and they made it to the semis. They will meet the in-form Puneri Paltan in the Semi-final.
Possible Lineups –
Puneri Paltan –
Puneri Paltan suffered some big losses before the start of playoffs, as their star raiders, Aslam Inamdar and Mohit goyat got injured in the league stage. Although the puneri paltan squad is very strong the injury of star players will definitely hurt the team management.
– Akash Shinde has been the star raider along with Aslam and Mohit. Akash scored 134 raid points in 20 matches including 5 super 10s.
– Aditya Shinde is playing for the last few matches as a replacement. He scored 15 points in 4 matches. He scored 12 points against dabang Delhi in his last league match.
– Pankaj Mohite was playing as a substitute in the initial matches but now he should play as the main raider because Aslam and Mohit got injured. He scored 42 points in 11 matches including a super 10.
– Pune Captain and star defender Fazel atrachali have been in good form. He scored 51 points in 19 matches. He will try to lead his team to the final.
– Sombir scored 35 points in 18 matches including a high 5.
– Sanket Sawant scored 28 points in 22 matches.
– Mohammed Nabibaksh had a flop season but he blazed in the last few matches. He scored 26 points in 13 matches ( 9 raid and 17 tackle points).
Possible Starting 7
- Akash Shinde – Raider
- Aditya Shinde – Raider
- Pankaj Mohite – Raider
- Fazel Atrachali – Defender
- Sombir – Defender
- Sanket Sawant – Defender – Left cover
- Mohammed Nabibaksh – All-rounder
Tamil thalaivas also faced some injury issues as their prominent raider and captain Pawan Sherawat got injured, and later their star defender and stand-in captain Sagar got injured. Although they also have a strong lineup the stars are missing.
– Ajinkya Pawar is the current captain of Tamil thalaivas. He scored a super 10 in eliminator 2. Overall he scored 137 points in 21 matches including 3 super 10s.
– Narender hosiyar has been the star player for Tamil thalaivas. He is one of the most successful raiders of season 9. He scored 237 points in 22 matches including 14 super 10s. He scored 12 raid points in eliminator 2 and executed 2 crucial tackles in the final moments.
– Mohit scored 32 points in 21 matches including a high 5.
– Himanshu scored 59 points in 22 matches while playing in the left corner.
– Sahil Gulia scored 54 points in 22 matches and played along with Himanshu.
– M Abhishek scored 39 points in 22 matches.
– Arpit Saroha has shown good performance in recent matches. He scored 12 points in 7 matches.
Possible Starting 7
- Ajinkya pawar – Raider
- Narender hosiyar – Raider
- Mohit – Defender – Left cover
- Himanshu – Defender – Left corner
- Sahil Gulia – Defender – Left corner
- Arpit Saroha – Defender – Right Corner
- M Abhishek – Defender – Right cover
Strengths and Weakness of teams: –
Puneri Paltan has a strong raiding department but after injuries, the raiding department now consists of young and inexperienced players, however, they have defenders like Faizel Atrachali, Mohammad Nabibaksh and sombre, who completes the lack of raiders.
Tamil thalaivas looked strong against Up yoddhas in the eliminator. Ajinkya and Narender hosiyar are in great form. The defence seems quite weak after the injury of Sagar, but Himanshu and Sahil gulia performed well.
The above analysis predicts that Tamil Thalaivas are major contenders to play the finale.
What if Semifinal goes for a tie:-
Here are the rules for tie-breaker:-
- 5 raids per team.
- Both teams field 7 players.
- The team that raids first in the match raids first in the tie-breaker.
- The Baulk line becomes the baulk+bonus line.
- No out or revival. Only points scored will count
- 5 different raiders to raid as per pre-decided order.
So it would be a fantastic match as both the teams have a strong squad, especially the defence department. The match will start at 8:30 PM on 15 December and will be live on Star sports network and Disney plus Hotstar.
Stay connected with us for further updates.
Follow us on Instagram – https://instagram.com/kabaddian_?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=